Can you change Southwest flights at the airport?
Southwest Airlines is one of the best and most low-cost air carriers in the United States. A person who got booking on a flight and requires some changes in the itinerary can be changed by contacting an agent. If you wonder if the changes can be made to your flight ticket at the airport, you can request the changes from a Southwest Airlines agent at the airport. Reach the ticket counter and request to change the itinerary on your flight ticket from the agent. Share the ,flight ticket details and their agent will make the changes.
There are also other options available by which the traveler can make changes on their flight without going to the airport. You may make changes online on the bookings or talk with a live agent on the call for your help. Here both procedures are given.
Process to Change Southwest Airlines Online
You can take into consideration the website for making any changes to your bookings. It is an easier and more reliable option that helps to manage the trip from anywhere with an internet connection. Follow the steps to change your flight ticket online:
- Open the official webpage on the browser,
- Select the “Change/Cancel” window on the webpage,
- Put the confirmation number, first and last name in the columns,
- Then select the “change flight” option and tab the search button,
- Now your itinerary details will open on the site,
- You can choose what changes you want on the flight booking,
- Select a flight as per your requirement on the page,
- Then pay the fare difference, if applicable, on your flight,
- With this, your Southwest Airlines flight ticket will be changed as per your desire.
Process to Change Southwest Airlines Offline
The other option you can get for changing the flight ticket is to reach out to a Southwest Airlines agent. The live agent will take your requirements into consideration and provide you with the best guidance. The steps that are needed to be followed are as follows:
- Call the reservation department at 1-800-435-9792,
- Wait for an agent to join the call,
- Ask to make a change to your booking by providing the confirmation number and full name,
- The agent will search for the flight ticket as per your preference and will share the availabilities with you,
- Choose a flight ticket to book by changing your booked flight,
- Pay charges if required to confirm the flight change,
- And with this, your Southwest Airlines flight will be changed by the live agent on call.
Southwest Airlines Flight Change Policy
There are a few conditions that are applied to change a flight booking at Southwest Airlines. Here are the policies given that will help you on changing your flight:
- The changes are only allowed till 10 minutes before the flight’s departure time.
- The changes are also permitted on the flight ticket even after the check-in.
- The origin and destination airports cannot be changed on the Southwest Airlines booked ticket.
- The flight ticket holder can change the flight date or time at Southwest Airlines.
- There are no charges on the flight changes up to one time per passenger.
- If the new flight fare is higher than the previous reservation, the passenger should have to pay the difference.
If your flight ticket does not meet the above conditions, then you will not be able to make changes to your itinerary. In this case, you need to consider the Southwest Airlines Flight cancellation policy to cancel the reservation and again book the ticket as per your new requirement.
Contact Numbers of Southwest Airlines
Here the list of the Southwest Airlines Phone Numbers of different locations is given for your ease. You can pick the number as per your location to contact customer service for your help:
- USA: 1-800-435-9792
- Bahamas: 1-855-202-3403
- Costa Rica: 0-800-012-1916
- Jamaica: 1-800-425-8130
- Mexico: 800-083-1179