How do I contact Air Canada about lost baggage?
While traveling with Air Canada, if you have lost your baggage, immediately contact the customer service representative and inform them about your issue. Provide them with your flight details, list of items on your bag, boarding pass, and other details. If you want to contact the airline, call customer service, fill out the lost and found form, or visit the airport. For more details, you can read the lost baggage policy.
Air Canada Lost Baggage Policy
- If your baggage is lost, the airline ensures delivery within 24 hours.
- If you cannot find your lost baggage at the airport upon arrival, immediately contact the baggage office at +1 888-689-BAGS (2247) or 1 802 538 7022
- Once the airline finds your lost baggage, they will transport it to the destination airport, and you can recover it from there.
- If the airline cannot find your lost baggage within three days, they will refund the fees you paid at the time of check-in.
Methods to report your lost baggage at Air Canada
If you want to report your lost baggage with Air Canada, there are three possible ways that you can follow. Below are mentioned the process, and you can use any of them:
Via Phone number - To report your lost baggage with the airline, you can call the Air Canada Phone number from your phone and speak to customer service. Then they will assist in providing you with your baggage. Following are the steps to connect through a call:
- Give a call to the official Air Canada number +1 888-689-BAGS (2247) or 1 802 538 7022 from your phone.
- Pick any language as per your preference.
- Select the button to choose any service from the following.
Press 1 for the reservation
Press 2 to know the flight status
Press 3 to connect with the lost and found department
Press 4 to register any grievances
Press # to speak to an Air Canada representative
- Once you get connected to customer service, provide the ticket information and the details of your lost baggage.
- After that, the representative will assist in finding your lost item and provide the other details.
Via official website - You can also contact Air Canada for your lost baggage through the official website or the mobile app by filling out the lost and found form. Through the form, you can provide the details of your lost item and the other necessary information; then, the airline will assist in resolving the issue. If you want to fill up the lost and found form, then follow the below-mentioned process:
- Go to the official Air Canada website using your mobile phone or laptop.
- Click the “Contact Us” option on the home page.
- Choose “Lost and Found” from the options.
- Then a lost and found form will appear on your screen.
- Fill out the form and mention the items on your bags.
- If possible, attach a picture of your baggage.
- After that, the airline will find your baggage and contact you on your mentioned number once they locate it.
Via Airport - When you face any problem reporting your lost baggage through the above methods, you can also go to the airline help desk counter at the airport. Give your flight details and lost baggage information to the representative; then, they will help you find the lost baggage.
How much will Air Canada refund for lost baggage?
If Air Canada cannot find your lost baggage within three days, the airline will refund the amount you paid for check-in. You can claim reimbursement within three weeks by submitting your receipt through the official website. If you need more assistance, then contact the representative, and he will help with your problem.
After going through the given information, you must have understood the methods to Contact Air Canada for your lost baggage. To get more details regarding the airline policy on lost baggage, open the official website on your mobile phone or laptop.
- Can I cancel the Air Canada flight and get a refund?