Can I cancel the Air Canada flight and get a refund?
Air Canada has embraced a very lenient cancellation and refund policy. They allow passengers to cancel their Air Canada flight and apply for a refund. It is very convenient to cancel your flight and apply for a refund. Looking at the Air Canada Cancellation Policy, you will realize it takes a neutral stand. It is not slanted toward passengers nor towards the airlines. It also targets passengers who habitually cancel their flights. The cancellation and refund policy of Air Canada is accommodative and customer-friendly. You have the privilege to cancel your flight at any time, but you have to pay the flight cancellation fees.
Air Canada’s cancellation policy
It is convenient to cancel your flight with them. You can cancel your flight either online or with customer service assistance. Follow the given instructions of the cancellation policy:
- If you cancel your flight within 24 hours of reservation, you do not have to pay the cancellation fees. You will be provided a full refund.
- If Air Canada has canceled your flight, then also you need not pay the cancellation charges.
- If you cancel your Air Canada flight after 24 hours, you have no option but to pay the cancellation charges.
- If there is a delay of more than five hours, they provide you the option to cancel your flight or board your next flight.
- You will be provided a refund once the cancellation charges and other applicable taxes are deducted from your account.
- You have to cancel your flight three hours before its scheduled departure, or else your entire booking amount will be seized.
- If you have a domestic flight, you must arrive at the airport three hours before its scheduled departure, or else you will be charged for “No Show.”
- You have to board your flight 15 minutes before its departure; otherwise, you will be charged for “No Show.”
- You must pay the cancellation charge, which is between $ 200 to $ 700. If you cancel your flight at the last moment, then you may have to pay hefty cancellation charges.
It is pretty convenient to cancel your flight with Air Canada. It would help if you did not wait for the last moment, or else you have to pay hefty penalties. You can choose either online or take assistance from customer service to cancel your flight. If you look at Air Canada's Cancellation Policy, you will realize that they allow you to cancel your flight hassle-free. The method of getting a refund is easy.
The process of cancellation and Refund
The process of canceling your flight is not a complex task. You can do it online, or you can also take assistance from customer service. However, the process of online cancellation is easy and hassle-free. Following is the process to cancel your flight and apply for a refund:
- You have to log in to the website of Air Canada.
- Then select “Manage Booking.”
- Now fill in the necessary itinerary details like the booking confirmation number and your full name.
- Now select “Edit Flight.”
- Select “cancellation and Refund.”
- Now, you have to fill in the refund form and submit them.
- Now you will get the confirmation of cancellation through an email.
Air Canada allows you to cancel your flight hassle-free. However, you cannot cancel your flight if less than three hours remain for its scheduled departure. According to Air Canada's Cancellation Policy, you will get a refund within seven business days. It is convenient to get a refund with them. The flexibility of the cancellation policy allows people to change their plans at the last minute.