Can I change my Turkish Airlines flight for free?
People nowadays travel often, whether for work or to plan a getaway. However, sometimes people need to make changes in their last-minute plans, which happens quite often nowadays because of the unpredictability of life. However, if the travelers have made the reservation of their flight ticket with Turkish Airlines, in that case, they don't have to worry too much over the process of flight change. All they need to do is learn the flight change policy Turkish Airlines and the process of making the changes in their flight. The complete information about the flight changes process and policy is mentioned here.
Turkish Airlines Flight changes policy
- The most basic rule is to take advantage of the 24-hour risk-free period. The passengers can change their flight ticket within 24 hours of reservation without paying additional charges. However, the reservation is required to be made at least seven days before the scheduled flight departure.
- If the passengers proceed to make the changes in their flight ticket after 24 hours, in that case, they need to pay the changes fee along with the fare difference.
- Passengers must always pay the fare difference between their new and currently booked flights. However, if their rebooked flight cost less than the previous one, the airlines will refund them the excess amount.
- If the change in the flight ticket is made by the passenger due to any medical emergency, in that case, they will get a complete refund of their ticket amount. However, they need to provide certain documents to the airlines to support their issue.
- The passengers can request a free change with the airline in case of a delay in departure for more than three hours, and they will get an alternate flight without paying any charges.
- The passengers traveling in economy class are not allowed to proceed with the flight change. They need to proceed with the cancellation and then rebook their flight.
The process of making the Turkish Airlines flight change
- The first and foremost step is to get onto the airline'sairline's official website, and once getting connected, you need to look for the ''Manage Booking'' option.
- To proceed, they need to enter the PNR number and passenger's last name, after which they need to click on the option of proceeding.
- You will get redirected to the flight detail page once you proceed further, after which you need to look for the option of ''Change.''
- Follow the instructions to make the necessary change to your flight.
- You will get onto the available flight page, where you need to select your preferred flight.
- Once the process is complete, you'll get redirected to the flight detail page, where you need to follow the auto-generated process to complete the payment of flight change charges as well as the fare difference.
- Once the payment is complete, the confirmation will be sent to your email address along with the e-ticket.
The passengers can also call the customer service number to connect and proceed with the process of changes. The steps to do the same are mentioned here for you.
On Call Method
The passengers can ask the Turkish Airlines customer service team to proceed with the process of flight change. The steps that are required to be followed to connect with them over call are as follows.
- Dial the customer service number 1 (800) 874-8875, and once you get connected, follow the IVR process.
- Press 1 to proceed with the reservation.
- Press 2 to make the necessary changes to your flight.
- Press 3 to request any special assistance.
- Press 4 to cancel your flight ticket.
- Press 9 to connect with the customer service agent of the airline.
- Once the IVR process is complete, there will be a short hold, after which the customer service agent will contact you to provide the necessary assistance.
For more information about Turkish Airlines flight change, visit the official website and read the complete information above.